Monday, January 5, 2015

Another New Year

Another year gone, another year to come. Have you made your New Year's Resolutions yet? Not me! Why make a promise to myself that I know I'll break?!? Seriously, you know what I mean. We all do it. Everyone wants to improve their diet, weight, physical, emotional and spiritual health-not to mention finances. But how many of us actually have a plan to do so? That is what I am struggling with. We all tend to reflect back on last year's decisions, triumphs and epic fails with the "ah-ha" moment. Why can't there be a forward sight of 20/20? Hind sight of 20/20 is marvelous!

I realized that I haven't blogged in almost a year! If you know me, I always have something to say-at least about something. I have wrestled with continuing a blog or not. "To blog or not to blog, that is the question!" (Is there supposed to be a ? at the end?) 

I had tremendous support, and feedback, when we shared our highs and lows of our journey in the past. So trying to figure out this new direction has been a little difficult. Most people don't just read a blog for the heck of it. They search out blogs for a purpose. Whether that purpose is to affirm their current status, quench their curious minds, or to bring them some sort of information they are desiring. Some bloggers use their sites as a family diary. But do most of you really care that Harrison and I stayed home all day, played and did laundry? Probably not. So where is the balance?

In my intro, I listed my occupation as a wife, mom and NP. In these roles, I tend to see a revolving theme. That theme is reality. Reality? Yes! We all live in a world in which reality is somewhat misguided. We don't like to be faced with reality or the truth, especially if it contradicts our current way of thinking or our current actions.

So what are my aspirations (not resolutions) for this New Year? To blog about our chaotic life with purpose, truth and a touch of reality. Translation? Live, Love and Lewis....aka Lewisisms. So join me in trying to find that silver lining as we face everyday trials and triumphs.

No comments:

Post a Comment